Monday, July 20, 2020

I'm Back!

by Tony Thomas

I'm back!  Did you even miss me?

I know that I haven't shown up here in quite a while. I have been retired for the last few years and haven't spent a lot of time with my fountain pens lately, although I hope that will change. I've been doing most of my work on my tablet and my computer.  Dictation is sure a lot easier than writing everything out by hand. And, paper takes up a lot of space and is pretty expensive these days.

I still love my fountain pens although I am not able to buy them at the pace that I once did. That said, I still have a pretty nice collection that I acquired over the years and plenty of pens to put into rotation as long as I can afford the ink and the paper.

I also tend to use pencils quite a bit for drafting because my pens tend to dry out while I am in the thought process.  I have also experimented with using the Apple pencil and styluses with my iPad. There are some good drawing apps that are very good for note taking such as Notability and Good Notes and provide a pleasant writing experience.

My books, "The Fountain Pen Book" and "Getting Started with Fountain Pens" are still selling on Amazon, Apple Books, B&N, Kobo, Sribid, Smashwords, and other stores. I thank the fountain pen community for continuing to support my efforts. Hopefully, one day I will be able to write some more books and revise the ones that are already out.

With the global pandemic going on, perhaps I will be able to spend more time using my fountain pens for enjoyment rather than utility. I do enjoy using them to continue to improve my penmanship.

What about you?  How much are you using your fountain pens lately?

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from a fellow fountain pen lover. I’m just getting back into fountain pens in a big way. I’m a writer, and I use only a fountain pen to write. But until recently I’d been using my trusty Waterman Phileas which, the more I learn, is really not that trustworthy at all. I’d often have to unscrew the pen and squeeze the cartridge to get the ink flowing. My under-appreciated school-bus yellow Aurora, on the other hand, writes first time, every time.

    I just discovered the TESBI Eco (Medium) in a gorgeous purple, and my how enjoyable the writing experience is! I have it filled with a sample of Sailor 750, which flows so smoothly. I love the TWSBI so much that I ordered an exact copy as backup. I also ordered a TWSBI Eco with a stub nib to experiment with.

    I also have been ordering dozens of ink samples from Goulet, trying to find my perfect purple. I think I have found it in the Sailor 750, but the 753 is awfully alluring and will be my next fill.

    Oh, and I just downloaded the Kindle version of one of your books, Looks like it’s going to be a fun Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete