Saturday, April 9, 2016

Jet Pens Chibi 2 Pocket Pen

by Tony Thomas

While filling up my shopping cart at Jet Pens, I decided to pick up a few of their Chibi 2 pocket fountain pens.  At less than $3 each, the price was right.  Plus, I noticed that they have received good reviews on their web site.

After testing it out, I have concluded that it is a great little pen.  It has a smooth IPG fine nib, it posts (but not all that securely) and is comfortable to write with.  It comes with a black cartridge and accepts a Monteverde converter (which, sadly, costs almost as much as the pen).  I have decided to stick with cartridges and re-fill them when they run out.

The Chibi 2 is a great snap-cap fountain pen to carry with you in your pocket or purse or to give away to people who would like to see what it is like to write with a fountain pen.  At $2.99, you really can't go wrong!

For more information: 

http://www.jetpens.com/JetPens-Chibi-2-Mini-Fountain-Pen-Fine-Nib/pd/14752



Chibi 2 next to Kaweco Sport and Rosetta Napoleon





Cap, Section and IPG Fine Nib

Writing Sample Mnemosyne 192 Pad

2 comments:

  1. I've two Chibi's and the nearly identical J.Herbin version (nicer cap with metal clip) which are all quite disappointing in comparison to the far superior Pilot Petit1. For 80 cents more it's a pen I wouldn't trade for 10 of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenn,

      I reviewed the Petit 1 back in 2014. It is a great little pen as well:

      http://thefrugalfountainpen.blogspot.com/search/label/Pilot%20Petit%201

      The Chibi 2 is more attractive to me because it takes international standard, rather than proprietary, cartridges. That said, they are both great pens for the money.

      Delete