Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hand Made Notebooks

by Tony Thomas

I really enjoy making my own notebooks. Not only do I save a lot of money, I can use whatever paper I like.

I have used HP Laser Paper (32#), Staples Laser Paper (28#), Rhodia grid paper, Canson Drawing paper and others. For covers, I either use card stock from my office supply store or fancy paper from the scrapbook section of my local craft store.

I use my ancient Boston paper cutter and my limited sewing skills to put them together. My notebooks are only 24 pages making them easier to trim.

I highly recommend making notebooks if you are a fountain pen user and love fountain pen friendly paper.


5 comments:

  1. Hey, Tony, how about a video, or a bunch of pictures, that show us how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of good videos on You Tube, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWHkY5jOoqM

      Delete
  2. Hey Tony,
    I love your site. Might you be interested in making notebooks for those of us less talented? I'd be willing to pay you to make some if you've the time and inclination. Email me at glennhkc@gmaill.com if you're so inclined.
    Best,
    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Glenn! Unfortunately, I don't really have the time or the desire to sell them. Plus, I don't think the quality of my work is good enough for the commercial market. I am sure that someone on Etsy is probably doing something like that. If not, give it a try. They are easy to make. And there are videos on You Tube that show you how.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing Tony! I've always wanted to give something like this a shot, and you've inspired me. :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete