Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pilot Metropolitan White Tiger Fine

by Tony Thomas

After watching Brian Goulet's video on the new Pilot Metropolitan fine point, I decided to give one a try.  I had my eye on the White Tiger model for a while, so I bought one with a fine nib from my friends at The Goulet Pen Company.

Let me say this at the outset: If you don't have a Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen in your collection, get one!  At $15, it is one of the true bargains of the fountain pen world.

I always add a CON-50 twist converter to my Metros, since I am not thrilled with the included CON-20 squeeze converter.  That adds a bit over $5 to the price, but to me, it is well worth it.

The Metropolitan fine point is a great writer.  It produces a true Japanese fine line with just a touch of feedback.  For me, it has become a daily writer due to its low cost and great performance.  Highly recommended!






A writing sample in a Clairefontaine notebook.




















The White Tiger hanging out 
with two of my other "Metros".




3 comments:

  1. OK. You have inspired me to try out the fountain pen world. I will try to use it in journaling. I ordered the black matt crocodile version. Thanks, Tony. Blessings, brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the world of fountain pens, Rick. As you probably know, JMac uses them to take notes for his sermons. Check out the Goulet Pens You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheInkNouveau Lots of great info there. Now, you'll need some inks!! Blessings to you as well!

      Delete
  2. By the way, I recommend Noodler's Black ink. It is archival and bulletproof.

    ReplyDelete