Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pilot Petit 1 Mini Fountain Pen

by Tony Thomas

I picked up one of these tiny beauties on my latest order from Jet Pens.  It was less than $4, so I decided to give it a try.  It has a clear, injection molded body and a nib that is very similar if not identical to the one on the Pilot Varsity.

It posts easily and has a plastic clip that seems usable even if a bit fragile.  The Petit 1 is comfortable to hold when posted (and I have very large hands).

It came with a black cartridge and a pack of 3 replacement cartridges will set you back less than $2  (other colors are also available).

How does it write?  Very smooth with a fine line and  just a touch of feedback. Pretty amazing for such a tiny and inexpensive pen!  It is a decent little pocket or purse pen that won't put a dent in your wallet.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Great value for such an inexpensive pen. PLUS -- you can leave it idle for a long time, and the pen still writes like a charm! Here's my report on that aspect of it:
    http://tina-koyama.blogspot.com/2014/02/cheap-idle-pen-throwdown-petit1-and.html

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the review! Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review! I have a jar full of these on my desk.

    ReplyDelete