Monday, January 30, 2017

A Letter and a Pen















by Tony Thomas

 One of my favorite You Tube personalities is Amy Schmittauer (@Schmittastic on Twitter). Her channel, "Savvy, Sexy, Social", offers plenty of valuable information on social media marketing.  I watch her channel regularly as she is a thought leader in the field.

Back in April of last year, I wrote her a short note with one of my fountain pens for which she thanked me on Twitter.








When I heard she was writing a book, I decided to send her another handwritten note and a Platinum Preppy fountain pen and refills.  

From watching her videos, I learned that she likes to write everything down rather than just putting it into a computer.   That made her the perfect candidate for a little bit of "fountain pen evangelism". 

To my surprise, she unpacked the pen and read my note on one of her You Tube videos leading up to the book launch.  You can watch it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBXXtsJsUwk

Amy's book, "Vlog Like a Boss: How to Kill it Online With Video Blogging" drops January 31st (my birthday) on Amazon and you can get yours here.

Enjoy your pen, Amy!  And in the words of my buddy, Brian Goulet, write on!











No comments:

Post a Comment